SB2 Bathtub Transfer System – TubBuddy
The SB2 TubBuddy bath transfer system from Showerbuddy is designed to allow a user to be safely transferred by a caregiver over a bathtub to shower without costly bathroom remodeling. The SB2 eliminates unnecessary transfers between toileting and bathing making it comfortable for both user and caregiver, while reducing costs and contributing to good user hygiene.
This product is tested to AU and NZ standards.
Free Delivery and set up in Waikato and Auckland.
The SB2 allows for easy transfer into and out of a bath-style shower, with no bathroom modifications necessary.
Many individuals with mobility needs have a shower/bath combo at home. Maneuvering over the edge of a bathtub comes with its challenges, even with the aid of a carer. Many homeowners will opt for bathroom modifications to make accessing a shower bath easier. Sometimes entire units are removed and replaced with permanent accessibility fixtures, which can be expensive.
The SB2 transfer system from Showerbuddy is designed to allow safe and simple access to a shower bath with the help of a carer – without any permanent changes to fixtures necessary. TubBuddy consists of a comfortable chair and elevated bridge, capable of clearing most regular bathtub sides. TubBuddy is a full-featured raised toilet chair, eliminating extra transfer between toilet and showering.
TubBuddy reduces costs, improves hygiene and saves time. Mobility impairment no longer requires bathroom remodeling.
When it’s not used for bathing, it is a comfortable day chair, toilet chair, and bedside commode.
When the user is ready to shower:
- Rolling base connects to the elevated tub base.
- A carer can then simply transfer the user across the bridge over and into the bathtub for showering.
- The tub base has anti-slip stabilising feet and side stabilisers that grip onto the side of the tub for extra support.
- After showering is complete, the carer transfers the user out of the bathtub.
- If needed, rolling base/chair can be used as a bedside commode at night times.
TubBuddy offers a comfortable toilet aid experience to users:
- Position the TubBuddy over the toilet. The unit can be height adjusted to suit.
- Lock TubBuddy down securely with the stable locking caster wheels.
- Non-corrosive, water-resistant materials make TubBuddy easy to clean for carers.
- TubBuddy comes with a complete commode system for use away from the home bathroom toilet.
- Weight capacity – 250kg
- Rolls over most standard toilets
- Arms – removable I lockable/ flip-back
- Height adjustable
- Safety mechanisms & side stabilizers on bath base
- No rust aluminum frame (Grade 6061 T6)
- Stainless steel parts and hardware (Grade 304)
- Footrest – fold-up foot rest on rolling base and on bath base
- Safety belts – lap & chest belts
- Caster Wheels – 125mm x 4 locking Commode system
- Tool-free assembly
- Chair Width – over caster wheels 490mm
- Chair Width – over arms 570mm
- Chair Width – Inside Arms 475mm – smaller users see accessory pages
- Chair Length – including footrest 845mm (745mm excluding)
- Backrest Width 460mm
- Backrest Height from Cushion to top 440mm
- Toilet Height Clearance (maximum) 535mm
- Toilet Width clearance at narrowest 375mm (at casters)
- Toilet clearance can depend upon the shape of the toilet pan
- Bridge Length (Standard) 300mm or Accessory 200mm or customized, see Accessories
- Seat Cushion Dimensions 460 W x 430mm D
- Seat Height from Floor 575mm to 675mm (Adjustable)
- Seat Cushion Opening 175mm W x 335mm L
- Bath TubBase unit width over feet 335mm
- Bath Tub Height from floor 535mm maximum or use RBE24 Chair Height Extender accessory
- Bath Tub Depth up to 530mm maximum or use TBE24 Bath Base Height Extender accessory
- Bath Tub width for stabilisers 440mm – 680mm
- Box Dimensions L 680x W 580x H 810mm
- Box Gross Weight 32.4kg